Urodynamic testing is an in office, non-painful, test that will give the doctor a detailed look at the function of your lower urinary tract to help evaluate any problems that you may have with storing urine or voiding urine from your bladder.
Urodynamics can help to identify specific problems such as:
- Incontinence (leaking of urine)
- Inadequate emptying of your bladder
- Frequent and/or urgent need to urinate
- Weak or intermittent urine stream
- Frequent urinary tract infections
- Pre-surgery for pelvic organ prolapse
We also offer conservative alternatives to incontinence or pelvic prolapse surgery such as pessary fitting/management and pelvic floor rehabilitative therapy.
A pessary is a comfortable silicone device that is inserted into the vagina to provide support to prolapsed pelvic organs such as the uterus, bladder, or rectum. Once properly fitted, our CMA provides complete instruction in home management and care along with the pessary.